Friday, December 25, 2009

The feeling of "It was not worth losing sleep over"

Finally, the marketing end-term (the "Xam at Xmas" ) got over today. Phew!! The best thing about today's exam was that there was a limit on the number of words that we could use for an answer. Although it was a relief seeing the word limit on the question paper (since it prevented all the top GASsers of my batch to GAS a lot and thus made it a level-playing field for me. Yes, I was relaxed but I became too relaxed in the exam and finished reading the given case in 1 hour and 20 minutes (too slow as compared to the rest of the batch). Needless to mention, I had lesser time to analyse the case fully and I had to analyse the case "on the fly" as I was attempting the questions given in the question paper. And the worst part was that in spite of going with a gameplan of visiting the questions with the more marks first, I attempted the questions sequentially and so, I could not even reach the maximum word limit in the last few questions. So, I am all set to get GOOD (hope u all get the sarcasm) marks in the paper (hopeful to perform a little WORSE though).

Now, getting to why I named the title of this entry the way I did. I think the title is explanatory enough but still, I slept for only 1 hour in the afternoon (my normal siesta duration is 3 hours ((to get completely recharged)) ) and then slept at around 3:45 in the night and then again woke up at 8:30. I was studying everything just so that I am aware of all the "jargons" which I might use at the time of the exam. But, the exam was all application based and thus, it was "not worth losing sleep over". The only thing I am happy about is that I didnt read extensively for the exam (here, extensively means "reading from the textbook" ) and so, even though the ROI was low, it must have been the one of the highest among the pool of low ROIs of the batch. Thank God I didnt pick up that book!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment