Sunday, December 20, 2009

catching up on lost time (and the blog posts)

well..... i'm back after a long time.... last time i told u about my entry into SP..... after that.... life here has been................................... HELL..... oh yeah.... i knew it was coming all the way.... but the way it was coming was not known to me..... but still.... amidst all this "hell".... there have been a lot of great moments which i'll be listing below with a brief description:


1. Foundation Phase begins (and ends?) : Yeah, first thing first. Right after the pre-foundation test.... as mentioned in the previous post.... the foundation phase began.... was a very short phase.... and it ended with the end-terms (which were easy).... and what followed next was............



2. PG LAB!!! : Undeniably the best experience of my life at SP after I came here. The whole batch went to Lonavala for 5 days where we spent time going on trekking, playing games, dancing, singing and what not! Amazing days.... But as it is said in Hindi.... "Bakre ko halal karne se pehle bahut khilate hain".... it was just like that.... because the days to follow were quite opposite.


3. Became a part of the DOCC Committee: it was like getting selected into SP all over again..... i wanted to be in one of the committees... and after the pitch by the seniors..... this was the committee for me.... I just knew it..... what followed was giving resume and a SOP to the faculty incharge.... and then finally when I was selected.... I was so elated that I cant describe the feeling.....


4.Ehsaas: The flagship event of DOCC where we have differently abled kids performing different things on stage and displaying their indomitable spirit, where both adults and those kids feel a different level of happiness. We had been trying so hard to organize it and finally, we made it a success, with the help of our faculty in-charge. Awesome day!!


5. Unmaad: The annual culfest at IIM-B where some of the "inspired" SPecies (quite a few) went and conquered it all.... Whether it be the events like Antakshari or the big events like Dance and Miss Unmaad, we made sure that IIM-B reverberated with the energy of the SPecies... I for one, took part in the solo singing competition, sang "Kal ho na ho", and got good comments from friends and some members of the audience.... i still keep watching the video to relive those moments.... Although I didn't win there, it was great to be a part of the whole team and to cheer them up at each and every event. In short, the 3 day trip was just awessome!


6. Net.Works: The first big event in which I participated. IIM-A held their annual fest Confluence. Sponsered by Google, Net.Works was one of the flagship events of this fest in which teams had to build a case on "The future of Social Networking in India". The prize money was 1 lakh rupees. As some of u might be aware, I had asked u to fill a survey on the lines of this. That was for this event. Thank you all who helped by giving their valuable inputs.
And I still cant believe the effort which I put in for this event. I had only read in "Joker in the pack" once that life in a B-school can be really hectic. In that book, the author had said that he had slept only 20 hours in a week. This event was the closest I came to achieving that feat. 15 hours sleep in four days!! There was a day in these four days in which i slept only ONE hour in the whole day. Just ONE hour.... this is the minimum I have ever slept in my whole life. Still cant believe it... And it was so addictive too..... I didnt want to sleep after that as if I was addicted to the kick I got out of not sleeping.... It was a different kind of a high which I experienced.
Finally, the results came out and our team (me and my friend, Anirban) was among the top 24 of the 76 teams which participated in total. But, the dejection of not winning the event is still there a little because I had never put in that much effort in my whole life.


7. GASP: Another one of the good things which happened with me here was my selection in the theatre team of SP, the "guild of actors at SP" (GASP).... GASP is the most revered theatre groups among all the theatre groups of B-Schools and I was very proud when I was selected as an understudy in the play. We are still enjoying the practice sessions. And for once, the journey seems more enjoyable than the destination itself.


8. HELL: The statistics for 2nd trimester (estimate) are 8 ppts, 17 group assignments, 5 individual assignments, 18 quizzes, 2 midterms and the end-terms are yet to come. This is hell. It was much worse in the first trimester. Hope the third trim is lighter.


So, readers, this was TJ updating you about my journey here at SP till now. I hope to be more regular in updating my blog from now on..... signing off for now... promise to return soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment