Today, the SPJIMR Academic Conclave(SAC) ended and I was relieved and worried at the same time. Reason: the classes are back and GASP practice is also about to begin in full throttle which means that I am going to be really busy atleast till the 4th of Feb. Now, during such a hectic schedule, it is very necessary to balance everything and to learn the maximum out of what is being taught. I think that I have not been serious enough to learn something out of my lectures here. If I ponder seriously, I think that I haven't taken the fullest advantage of all the resources available to me in SP. So, the title of the blog is justified in that the resolution which I have decided to make is coming a little (OK, more than a little) late.
Now, coming to the resolution. When I thought recently about what understanding I have gained about the business world after coming to SP, be it Macroeconomics, Finance, Marketing or Operations, I came to think that I have severely underutilized the resources available at the institute. While I could have spent more time in the domains of the Library satiating my thirst for knowledge, i only procrastinated like in my engineering days. Realization dawned upon me only recently that I am running the danger of being a "farzi" MBA in the same way as I became a "farzi" engineer. So, my resolution here on is that I will spend more and more time utilizing the resources available for my knowledge enrichment and start the conquest for the knowledge which will make me a better MBA otherwise I might end up with a degree and no real value add to my business knowledge.
Another resolution, which according to me is the basic problem and the root cause of all my problems here is that I have been very lazy in doing things and have looked for a cozy life shying away from real initiatives and hard work. Now, entertainment is another thing but it must not become the majority of what you do in a day. I think I'll have to shed this lazyness from my personality to become more proactive in becoming a better manager with a sharper sword of knowledge in my hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment