Finally today my journey of preparing for MBA exams and getting into a college ended when i got my results of the group interview process of SP Jain Institute of Management and Research. I had thought that i will start my own blog if i get into a good mba college. And here I am writing my first post which marks the day I got the good news. I had a nice two rounds of group interview. I was happy the way the GIs went on 24th march(thats the day). I was happy that all the effort I put in the research about the college didnt go in vain, although i was afraid that i wouldnt clear the first round. But after clearing the first round, I was determined to make a mark on the interviewers that I was passionate about doing MBA and i think i did a fairly nice job. What a day that was!
My interview process was scheduled at 10 am in Bangalore but I reached one hour earlier. Everything was ready in my file. All that was required by SP Jain as well as all my other certificates in case I needed to show them. I did not have an extraordinary profile for SP Jain but whatever it was, I was too determined to make it through because after all the research i had done about this college, I started to believe that this is the place i want to be at for doing my MBA.
I was so delighted after seeing my name in the list of 62 odd people selected out of 550 shortlisted for the finance category. I cant explain the feeling in words. I mean I was literally jumping up and down with joy. I was so elated. You dont always get to experience the sweet taste of success. It means so much to me. Now i can get anything I want(right from a new cell to a dream career). Life suddenly seems so nice now.
But it wasnt like that 9 months before. The future was so much blurred that time. But a faint image of the target was there. That target was to perform well in the written exams. So i joined Byju classes as my classroom coaching and IMS test series for getting acclimated to the test atmosphere. And boy did it help? Hell yeah, it did!! Specially Byju Sir's classes. It was like all the confidence was imbued in me by attending those classes. I waited for the right moment because my college is in vellore and IMS and TIME and other coaching institutes are not so good here. But this guy, Byju came as a blessing. More than the tricks he taught, it was the confidence that did me a whole world of good. If it would be one person to which i attribute my success the most other than me, it would definitely be Byju Sir.
The nine months were not easy. Balancing college classes with coaching classes was not so easy but the determination did it. I could say now that I displayed a huge amount of will power to get to my goal. At the back of my mind, the failure in IIT-JEE in the year 2005 when i was in class 12 always spurred me on. It was like a nightmare which always woke me up from sleep and brought me back to reality. Failures are so important for a success, really. I would call the whole admission process a roller coaster ride or a see-saw game because its really about how much confidence you have to clear the hurdle which determines whether you will really reach the goal or not. But over-confidence is also a dangerous thing. One should always be self-aware of the confidence level. It should not be so high that you become complacent. I am not the one who is so qualified to lecture people about these things. I just am writing the lessons which I have learnt from this whole process.
In this see-saw game, you ride with your confidence. And your weight is mostly comprised of the weight of your confidence. So always make sure that you persevere to preserve your confidence level to the optimum level. Your confidence level depends on your efforts as well as the performance of your peers. Your attitude towards your peers determines whether you are motivated by their good performance or get discouraged. Ideally we should all interact with our friends and improve each other. For me, it was difficult at first, but when I broke the ego barrier, it really helped me a lot. A study group is really really helpful. I struggled with my confidence sometimes but I always motivated myself to improve myself, to find out flaws, where i was going wrong and getting it right in the next test. This is really really important if you want to achieve your goal.
truly a nice effort.must say an inspiring life of urs.Congrats buddy!
ReplyDeleteacha likhne laga hai be...
ReplyDelete